…and the engine is in! (posted June 12th, 2011)
So today was not easy, but it certainly was productive. After lots of cleaning and finagling, the engine is in and we’re one step closer to our first race of the year.
We started as any good race team would start, by cleaning and organizing the parts. In our case, using some WD-40 on the mounting parts. With all the parts cleaned and organized, it came time to shoe-horn the engine into the bay. We had to remove a few parts and were very careful in lowering the engine/transmission amongst the frame and steering column, but after some frustration, we were able to do it!
While our job is not done and the car can’t start yet, we’ve got a good start. Now just a few more days of hard work and we’ll be ready for Road America!